If you are new to wearing dentures, you may love the way they boost your smile, but feel unsure how to care for them. Our dentists, Drs. Kate Steele, Lisa Schaffer, and Andrea Frank can help you keep your dentures and your smile in good health with five important denture care tips.
1. Remove and rinse your dentures after eating to discard any lingering debris or food particles and debris and maintain good hygiene. We advise that you first put down a towel or fill the sink with water to catch your dentures in case they slip when you take them out.
2. Use caution during leaning to protect the material and avoid bending the clasps.
3. At night, after cleaning your dentures, soak them overnight in denture cleaning solution or warm water so that the moisture can maintain the shape of the dentures. Don’t forget to rinse them the next morning before wearing them again.
4. Don’t neglect the rest of your mouth because you have dentures. Thoroughly clean your oral cavity every day with moistened gauze or a soft-bristled toothbrush, addressing your inner cheeks, tongue, and palate.
5. You will also need to visit the dentist twice a year or more to have your dentures professionally cleaned and receive dental exams.
Steele Dentistry is eager to help you with all of your denture needs, and we can provide you with full or partial dentures. If you are interested in learning more about denture care in Denver, Colorado, or speaking with our dentist about receiving dentures, please give us a call at 303-278-3353 today.